Welcome to the Homepage of the Newburg Fire Department. We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our web site and provide you with a brief introduction to our department.
The Newburg Fire Department was formed in 1886. At the time, 15 town residents formed the volunteer department to provide fire protection to the Newburg area. Today our volunteer department still provides fire and Emergency Medical Services to that same area.
The Newburg fire Department provides Fire and EMS services to the Village of Newburg, Town of Trenton, and a portion of the Town of Saukville and EMS to a portion of the Town of Farmington. An area that spans approximately 54 square miles. This protection area is primarily rural residential, agricultural, and some light industry.
This web site is dedicated to the past, current, and future members who have and will make the Newburg Fire Department a great service to the community.
We are always looking for new volunteers to join our department. Give us a call or stop down on any Monday night during our weekly drill.
2nd Assist Chief
|Joe Fechter||Brad Karnitz|
|Kevin Beimborn||Kevin Banaszak*||Bryan Fechter|
|Ryan Hauser*||Jeff Dolata||Chuck Roethke*|
|Chris Gonzalez||Dave Vande Boom||Dan Hoffman|
|Jake Becker||Sarah Beimborn*||Brady Berglin*|
|Lee Carter||Ryan Ciriacks||Mike DeLeon Jr*|
|Paul Fahey||Ben Falter*||Cody Foote*|
|Keith Gardner||Nick Gardner||Chris Gonzalez|
|Tony Gonzalez||Russell Haeuser||Mitchell Hartmann|
|Walter Huc||Michael Jansen||Josh Mitchell|
|Mat Moser*||Randy Roesler*||Charles Roethke|
|Tom Rogge*||Tony Scholten*||Robert Stanczyk|
|Dave Vande Boom||Paul Voigt||Jeff Walczyk*|
|Dennis Wilkens||Tyler Wollner|
|Sydney Gilly||Jessie Moser||Carol Nothem|
General Members/Athletic Club
The history of the Newburg Fire Department assumes great significance not only for those who, at the time, were intimately connected with its founding, but also for their posterity because it brings home most vividly the heroism of those intrepid pioneers who originally were responsible for the founding of the Newburg Fire Department. The history of the department brings home to use the fleeting character of time. The men and women who helped establish the Newburg Fire Department have long ago gone to their eternal rest. Other generations have followed them and each made its contribution in their own way.
The record of the Newburg Fire Department, however, is also the record of achievement in which every member may take just pride. The beautiful firehouse, the up-to-date trucks and equipment, the finest rescue personnel & equipment, the park and events that take place there, the famous firemen’s picnic, the beautiful river cascading through the park and the history connected with them, all speak of the sacrifices of the members. They bring to our memory the chiefs and firefighters now departed who found solace and strength in the department which they helped to build in their hours of joy and sorrow.
Their example should not only command our admiration and gratitude, but prompt us also to follow them and emulate their example so that their work may stand as a lasting monument throughout the time to come.
As more settlers arrived and as Newburg grew, it became apparent that some sort of protection against fire would have to be furnished for the many buildings and homes being built, so the villagers began to make plans for a volunteer fire department.
In 1886, they purchased the first “fire engine”. It was a hand drawn cart made of wood. The water was poured into a wooden tank with buckets and then two men operated a hand pump to force a stream of water on the fire. The hose was carried on a separate reel cart.
It was on October 1, 1887, that the department was actually organized 15 signers met on that day and drew up Articles of Incorporation. The seven pages of the articles were written in long hand with a quill pen and notarized by P. Lochen, Justice of the Peace. The charter was granted to the Newburg Fire Department by the state of Wisconsin on November 21, 1887.
Following are some of the highlights from the Official Minutes of the Newburg Fire Department which date back to 1877, 10 years before they received their charters.
|March 1877||The first Fire Company meeting was called by Dr. Hendrik. At this time, seventeen men joined. Three were appointed to have a cistern made for water and three were appointed to acquire buckets and ladders.|
|Sept 1890||Bought land for $ 75.00 from Robert Schwalbach and agree to build a building on it by the end of the year. It would measure 16X30 feet and be 14 feet high at a cost of $ 3,000.00|
|March 1891||Bought a fire bell to alert firemen that there was a fire, but had to build a tower first. Members built it and were finished by April 1891|
|Feb 1896||An eight man horse drawn pumper was purchased for $578.52|
|Aug 1904||Profits from the picnic were $ 179.11. Purchased a 1904 horse drawn gas engine wagon at a cost of $ 975.00|
|Nov 1923||A new truck was purchased from Schmidt Bros for $5,000.00 down payment. It was built up by the Peter Pirsch Company for $1,330.12|
|Dec 1937||Fred Mey got prices on a new truck. John Lochen had the lowest bid of $736.00 He donated $161.00 so the total price was $575.00. Motion made to buy it and convert the old ford to a hose and ladder truck.|
|Sept 1957||Department purchases a Ford truck c-750 from Lochen’s for a tanker|
|Sept 1958||Department purchases a used IHC Panel truck for $250.00 plus another $55.00 for a new paint job to be the departments first “rescue truck”|
|Jan 1961||Department Okays the purchase of a new Ford pumper no cost given|
|March 1961||Beer at the annual Firemen’s Picnic rose to $.20 per bottle|
|April 1963||First aid course started within the Fire Department 38 members attended|
|June 1963||New “rescue truck” purchased from Rick Chevrolet for $2,453.00|
|June 1968||Departments purchases a 1963 Chevrolet 4 wheel pick-up from Geiger Ford for $1,050.00 for fighting grass fires.|
|July 1972||Fire Departments Ladies Aux purchased $1,450 worth of playground equipment|
|Dec 1974||Total calls for the year 90 rescue and 18 fire calls|
|Jan 1976||Department purchased a 1975 Dodge ambulance|
|May 1976||Department purchased a new tanker chassis from Lochen’s $16,506.00|
|Feb 1977||Two Scott Air packs purchased for $1,460.00|
|March 1981||Hurst “Jaws of Life” to be purchased for $8500.00|
|May 1985||Work begins with new addition to the station|
|June 1989||Replaced the front line engine with a 1500 gpm E-ONE pumper|
|Nov 1989||Rescue personnel are trained in using a defibrillator|
|Sept 1993||Purchased a new 3800 gallon tanker|
|Nov 1989||Department takes delivery of a Pierce Heavy Duty Rescue truck with a new “Jaws of Life” and various new equipment|
|May 1999||Thermal imager camera purchased|
|Aug 1999||Department purchased a new ambulance|
|Jan 2000||Newburg Fire Department enters a program with the West Bend Fire Dept in which their EMT-I with advance skills will respond with our EMT to certain calls.|
|July 2003||Department takes delivery of a new Pierce 2000 GPM tanker/pumper|
|Oct 2008||Membership approves a $1.3 million addition/remodeling to the firehouse.|
|Jan 2009||After 20 years as Chief of the department, Peter Waldkirch steps down and David Geidel takes over the reins.|
|June 2009||Department takes delivery of 2009 Horton Model 553, Type 3, Ford E 450 Chassis ambulance.|
|Charles Thode||(no dates available)|
|Mark Chesak||2015 – Present|